Intention and Vow Workshop
with Koji Acquaviva
Saturday, December 30, 9am – 1pm CT
Set the tone for the coming year! Instead of setting New Year’s Resolutions, this workshop is a chance to clarify our heart’s desire, and align our lives with our deepest intention. Questions we’ll consider:
- What is the deepest longing and meaning of our lives?
- If we followed our heart’s desire, what would that look like in the coming year?
- Can a vow come out of our deepest longing?
Join together with other sangha members on December 30 to review the past year and explore future directions, while grounding ourselves in the present moment. We offer this workshop every year, and it’s a great chance to touch that which is of utmost importance to us.
Clouds in Water relies on a Gift Economics Model of resource transparency, suggested sliding scale tiers and no set fees in order to balance financial sustainability, the Buddhist practice of generosity, justice and equity. Clouds in Water is a community supported temple, relying primarily on the donations and class fees that our sangha offers.
Sliding Scale (All are welcome. No one will be turned away for lack of funds)
- Level 1: $200 (covers teacher payments, and Clouds admin/staffing, and makes it possible for more people to attend who cannot afford the full amount)
- Level 2: $140 (covers teacher payments and Clouds admin/staffing)
- Level 3: $60 (covers Clouds admin/staffing)
- Your Level: You choose the amount. No one is turned away due to inability to pay.
“We know in our hearts that there is a different way to be, a different way to live. Our generosity with one another is indeed resistance to the greed and fear that oppresses us. We provide for one another out of love for each other and love for ourselves. When we give, we acknowledge that all beings want to be happy.”
Online registration ends 12/28/2023
If you wish to register after 12/28/2023 please contact the sesshin coordinator at email@example.com. Please note that you may not get an immediate response.